IPL 2021 auctions happened in Chennai on 18th February 2021. Many unexpected things happened but many are curious to know who were the Top 10 most expensive players in IPL 2021 auctions? This article will be focused on talking about them.
Allow us now to talk about the players who fetched the maximum price in IPL 2021. We have arranged them in descending order.
Most Expensive Players of IPL 2021 Auctions List
1. Chris Morris (16.25 Crore INR): He was bought by the Rajasthan Royals and broke the record of a player getting sold at the highest price in IPL auctions.
2. Kyle Jamieson (15 Crore INR): The Kiwi cricketer was acquired by the Royal Challengers Bangalore. He will become part of the RCB bowling attack.
3. Glenn Maxwell (14.25 Crore INR): The famous Australian hitter will now be smashing sixes for the RCB lead by Virat Kohli.
4. Jhye Richardson Crore 14 INR: He will now be representing the Punjab Kings (previously Kings XI Punjab) in this season.
5. Krishnappa Gowtham 9.25 Crore INR: He will be playing alongside MS Dhoni in the Chennai Super Kings.
6. Riley Meredith 8 Crore INR: Another player on whom Punjab Kings went on to spend a lot.
7. Moeen Ali 7 Crore INR: CSK bought him and hopefully, he will contribute a lot as an all-rounder.
8. Tom Curran 5.25 Crore INR: Delhi Capitals have placed their faith in him for IPL 2021.
9. Shahrukh Khan 5.25 Crore INR: Another one of Punjab’s big buys.
10. Coulter Nile 5 Crore INR: Mumbai Indians have signed him for this whopping price.
So, these were the top 10 most expensive players in IPL 2021 auctions. Whether they will justify their sky-high price tags or not, only time will tell. But one thing is clear, IPL rewards those who are great cricketers with money and fame. This is true for young cricketers also.